How to use UTM tracking codes
- Install Google Analytics on your website.
- Visit Google’s free Campaign URL Builder page.
- Insert the website URL and campaign information.
- Create a unique UTM tracking code (aka campaign URL) for every ad or link.
- Use the UTM tracking codes in your marketing campaigns.
How do I create a UTM link?
Here’s how you’d go about building UTM codes in HubSpot.
- Navigate to your Analytics Tools.
- Open the Tracking URL Builder.
- Open the Tracking URL form to create a new UTM code.
- Fill in each attribute of your UTM code and click “Create.”
- Use the shortened link in your marketing campaign.
- Measure your success.
Where is UTM link in Google Analytics?
Google Analytics UTM campaign parameters can be found in the Reports section under Acquisition>Campaigns>All campaigns. Just log into your Google Analytics platform and scroll down to your Acquisition Section.
How do I create a tracking link in Google Analytics?
Set up Google Analytics tracking
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How does UTM work in Google Analytics?
“UTM parameters are simply tags that you add to a URL. When someone clicks on a URL with UTM parameters, those tags are sent back to your Google Analytics for tracking.” Are you ready to get going on your UTM campaign and figure out how these insights might shape your marketing effort?
How do I add UTM parameters to Google ads?
How to enable UTM tracking in your Google Ads campaigns. Click the Campaigns tab and select the campaign you want to track. Click Settings — Additional settings (in the bottom) — Campaign URL options. Click Save.
What is a UTM link?
Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) codes are snippets of code — attached to the end of a URL — used to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. They are also used to pinpoint specific sources of traffic to your website. UTM codes, at a minimum, include a traffic source, a medium, and a campaign name.
How do I know if UTM is working?
To test your UTM parameters, enter the tagged URL into your browser and see what happens.
- During HTTP to HTTPS redirect, UTM parameters are not passed in this case.
- It’s not a good idea to use “cpc” as a medium by default when tagging social media campaigns.
What is UTM term in Google Analytics?
“UTM” stands for “Urchin tracking module.” UTM codes are added to the end of regular URL’s and are designed to tell Google Analytics (and other analytics tools) a little bit more information about each link and which marketing campaign it relates to.
How do I track my UTM link?
Once you add the UTM code to your campaign’s URL, you can track the performance in Google Analytics in a few different reports.
- Create a custom report under “Customization” > “Custom Reports”.
- Go to Acquisition → Overview → All Traffic → Source/Medium to view traffic.
What are UTM parameters in Google Analytics?
What Is A UTM Parameter? UTM parameters (sometimes called UTM codes) are specific text strings that you can append to URLs that allow you track those URLs when they get clicked on. UTM parameters make Google Analytics pick up on the data in the code and log it with the pageview.
How do I create a tracking link?
More videos on YouTube
- Log into your ClickMeter dashboard and click on the blue CREATE NEW button.
- Fill in the destination URL.
- Select the campaign you want to associate this tracking link with.
- Create custom URL slug for your tracking link in the box to the right of the shortened tracking link.
- Choose a friendly name.
What are the 5 UTM parameters?
The five types of UTM parameters
- utm_source. This tag identifies the source of your traffic (Facebook, search engine, newsletter, Linkedin, etc.).
- utm_medium. This UTM code specifies the medium, like cpc or newsletter, for example.
How do you use UTM?
You can create UTMs using the Google UTM generator, then paste the links into your social media posts. Enter the URL of the page you want to link to, then enter the values for the parameters you want to track.
What is a UTM medium?
UTM Medium — The type of traffic, or which kind of tool you used to get it. Medium is the higher level. This is actually the medium used to get the traffic: Social media, acquisition, website etc.
What is UTM mapping?
UTM is the acronym for Universal Transverse Mercator, a plane coordinate grid system named for the map projection on which it is based (Transverse Mercator). The UTM system consists of 60 zones, each 6-degrees of longitude in width. One system is no more or less accurate than the other.