Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
How do I see Google Tag Manager results in Google Analytics?
Where can you find the data in Google Analytics? To see the events, how often they occur, and how many tags they send, you can use the Event reports in Google Analytics. To see details about the individual tags sent, use the Ecommerce reports.
How do I link Google Tag Manager?
Set Up a Tag
- Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
- Configure your tag.
- Choose a tag type.
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking.
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded.
- Save your tag.
- Activate your tag by pressing “Submit.”
Can we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager at the same time?
Having both hardcoded Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on your site in and of themselves is not an issue. You’ll ultimately need to make sure you’re not duplicating your efforts and consequently duplicating your data. If you need to have both, then yes, you can.
What is a tag Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. When Tag Manager is installed, your website or app will be able to communicate with the Tag Manager servers.
How do I track tags in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
Where is Google Tag Manager?
In Google Analytics go to Behavior > Events > Top Events > Offsite link. Now select either event action or label to get the full reports. The data that we set up in Google Tag Manager is now appearing in the Analytics reports.
How do I test Google Tag Manager tags?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
How do I connect HubSpot to Google Analytics?
Integrate Google Analytics using a Tracking ID
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Website > Pages.
- Click the Choose a domain to edit its settings dropdown menu and select a domain.
- Click the Integrations tab.
How do I use Google Tag Assistant?
Record and analyze a flow
- Go to a page that begins the journey to your site.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon.
- Click RECORD.
- Reload the starting page in order to begin recording with that page.
- Navigate through an important flow of pages and actions.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon again, then click STOP.