Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
Can I track clicks on a link?
Yes, Google Analytics has the capability to track link clicks through ‘event’ tracking. This is made possible from data fed into the Analytics platform, you just need the right tools for the job. You can track link clicks via plugins, hardcoding or via Google Tag Manager.
How do I track clicks on a link in Google Analytics 4?
Set up custom link clicks.
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property to your site. In Google Analytics 4, you can automatically track links.
- Click “See your GA4 property.”
- Click “Data Streams.”
- Click your site.
- Set up custom link clicks.
How do I find external link clicks in Google Analytics?
How to View External Link Clicks In Google Analytics
- Click Tag.
- Choose the Google Analytics Tag template,
- Choose Tag type Universal Analytics.
- Configure the Tag, Add your GA ID to the Tracking ID.
- For Track Type, select Event.
- For Category, you can name this “Outbound Link Clink“.
- For Action, choose Click URL.
How do I count the number of clicks in a link?
Start by clicking on your Behavior tab, then select the events and overview options. Under the Event Category section, you can see how often links are being clicked in relation to other events that you’ve set your Analytics to track.
Can you see clicks on Google Analytics?
Can Google Analytics Track Link Clicks? Yes Google Analytics can track both internal and external link clicks through what is called “event tracking”. Custom code snippets or events from Google Tag Manager can help feed these events into Google Analytics based on your specific requirements.
How do I track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
How do I find external links on my website?
To find external links to your website, you’ll need to use an SEO tool such as Google Search Console or Moz’s Link Explorer. These indexes can show you known backlinks to your site, along with other information such as the anchor text used.
How do you track CTR?
CTR is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown: clicks ÷ impressions = CTR. For example, if you had 5 clicks and 100 impressions, then your CTR would be 5%. Each of your ads, listings, and keywords have their own CTRs that you can see listed in your account.
How do I track a link click in an email?
How to Track Links in Emails
- Start by identifying your target audience. Understand who your customers are, and you’ll be better able to target them with relevant messaging.
- Build out your email campaign.
- Set up an email journey.
- Create UTM codes for all email links.
- Find your results in Google Analytics.
How do you measure a click?
1 Click = 1 Kilometer A kilometer is equal to 0.621371 miles. The Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) uses clicks to measure walking distance. Thus, ground forces usually communicate with each other in terms of “clicks”. For example, a soldier may inform another unit that they are “10 klicks west of your position”.