- Figure out which events you want to track on your website.
- Create a “generic” click trigger in Google Tag Manager.
- Publish your container.
- Open your website in the same browser in a new tab.
- Click the CTA you want to track.
- Create an event “Tag” that connects your trigger to a Google Analytics event.
How does Google Analytics track button clicks in goals?
The easiest way to track button clicks within Google Analytics is to use “Goals”. Goals measure how well your site performs it’s objective, which in our case was getting users to click the “Schedule Now” button.
How does Google Analytics track the number of clicks?
Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I track a submit button in Google Analytics?
Method 2. Submit form trigger in Google Tag Manager
- Activate form variables. For this purpose, open the Variables menu in GTM, click Configure, and select all variables in the Forms section:
- Adjust the trigger.
- Check whether the trigger works.
- Create the tag.
- Set up your target in Google Analytics.
How do I track user clicks?
A click map (also spelled as one word, i.e. clickmap) is a type of website heat map that shows where users click their mouse on a desktop device or tap the screen on a mobile or tablet. Click maps are useful when investigating on-page user engagement, as they track and visualize clicks on buttons, links, images, etc.
How does Google Analytics track outbound link clicks?
Follow the instructions below: Open Google Tag Manager. Click on Triggers., Select New. Name your Trigger “Outbound Link Trigger”. To reach the event view.
- Open Google Analytics.
- Click Real Time.
- Choose Events.
- Click the outbound link on the website to see it you can track external link clicks.
How do I track clicks on Google Analytics 4?
How to Track Clicks on a Link in Google Analytics
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property to your site.
- Click See your GA4 property.
- Click Data Streams.
- Click your site.
- Set up custom link clicks.
How do I track a form submission?
Submission Tracking for Standard Forms
- Create a Form trigger:
- Create a Google Analytics tag and set it to fire on the form trigger you created in the previous step.
- Test your configuration with GTM’s Preview mode.
- Once everything looks as you expect, go ahead and publish your updated GTM container.
How do I track submissions without thank you page?
Can I track conversions without having a thank-you page? Yes, you can. The easiest way to do this is by installing Google Tag Manager on your website. This will make it easy to track certain button clicks on your website, which will allow you to track forms even if they don’t have a separate thank-you page.
How do I track a button click in WordPress?
Once you’ve created your button, all you need to do is:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Button editor interface.
- Find the Google Event Tracking for Button Clicks box.
- Turn the Enable Event Tracking toggle on.