You can also take a look at the written steps to learn how to set up Google Analytics without a plugin in WordPress.
- Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code.
- Step 2: Add the Tracking Code to the header.php File.
Is Google Analytics dashboard for WP free?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce.
Is there a Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It lets you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website without editing code or hiring a developer. Plus, it makes it super easy to find analytics data that matters for business through its WordPress dashboard reports.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I access Google Analytics on WordPress?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I find Google Analytics on my WordPress dashboard?
The best part about MonsterInsights is that you can view your Google Analytics reports inside your WordPress dashboard. Simply visit Insights » Reports page to check out a quick overview of your analytics data.
Is ExactMetrics free?
Yes, there is a free version of ExactMetrics called ExactMetrics Lite. You can get even more advanced features and addons by upgrading to a paid plan.
Does Google Analytics have an API?
Introduction. The Google Analytics Reporting API v4 provides programmatic methods to access report data in Google Analytics (Universal Analytics properties only). With the Google Analytics Reporting API, you can: Integrate your Google Analytics data with other business applications.
Can you use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I know if my website has Google Analytics?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).