Set up an event goal
- Navigate to Admin in Google Analytics -> Goals (under View)
- Click ‘New Goal’
- Choose ‘Custom’ as a goal type.
- Give your new cool goal a name.
- Choose ‘Event’ as the goal type.
- Click ‘Continue’
- Add your goal Category, Action and/or Label.
- Verify the goal.
Where do you set goals in Google Analytics?
To start setting up your goals:
- Go to your Google Analytics standard reports.
- Click on the “Admin” button in the top right.
- Click on “Goals”
- From one of the Goal sets, click “+ Goal” (goal sets are just a way for you to easily group goals) to set up a new goal.
How do I set up goals in Google Analytics 2021?
To create a new goal in your Google Analytics account, click Admin, and choose the desired view you want to create the goal in. Once you’re in the View column, click on Goals, click + New Goal, or import a goal from the Gallery.
How do I use events in Google Analytics?
Auto-event tracking options
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
- Set your triggers as required.
How do you set goals?
How to set goals in 7 steps
- Think about the results you want to see. Before you set a goal, take a closer look at what you’re trying to achieve and ask yourself the following questions:
- Create SMART goals.
- Write your goals down.
- Create an action plan.
- Create a timeline.
- Take action.
- Re-evaluate and assess your progress.
How do you set goals and achieve them?
How to Set Goals and Achieve Them – 10 Goal Setting Tips
- Choose goals that are worthwhile.
- Choose goals that are achievable stretches.
- Make your goals specific.
- Commit to your goals.
- Make your goal public.
- Prioritize your goals.
- Make your goals real to you.
- Set deadlines to accomplish your goals.
What are the four types of goals that can be set up in analytics?
There are four basic types of goals you can create within Google Analytics: destination, event, duration, and pages per session. If you use AdWords, you can also use Smart Goals to track qualified visitors to your site from a pay-per-click campaign.
How do I set up ecommerce goals in Google Analytics?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
How do I set up event tracking in Google Analytics 4?
If you go to Admin > Data Streams > Select the web data stream, the following window will open where you will see a section called Enhanced Measurement. By default, this feature is enabled and will automatically track the following events: Page view (event name: page_view) Scroll (event name: scroll)
What is Google Analytics event category?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.