- Step 1: Access Social Media Analytics.
- Step 2: Discover Information About Your Followers.
- Step 3: Set Goals to Know What Social Media Metrics to Measure.
- Step 4: Use Tools to Help Analyze and Measure Your Social Data.
- Step 5: Advance Your Knowledge With Outside Resources.
What can social media analytics tell you?
Social media analytics is all about measurement. Measuring the performance of your social channels, your marketing campaigns, your PR activity. Also, measuring the performance of your competitors and other brands. If you’re going to measure – and you seriously have to – you have to report results.
How do you analyze social media?
Download our free social media competitive analysis template.
- Identify your social media competitors. First, identify your social media competition and find which platforms they use.
- Gather data.
- Analyze competitors’ activity.
- Step up your competitive analysis.
- Using the Data.
What are good social media metrics?
The most common and often important metrics to pay attention to are engagement, impressions and reach, share of voice, referrals and conversions and response rate and time. These combined will give you a 360º view of your social media performance.
What is social media analytics?
An overview of social media analytics Social media analytics is the ability to gather and find meaning in data gathered from social channels to support business decisions — and measure the performance of actions based on those decisions through social media.
How do you pull data from social media?
6 tips for getting better social media results by using data
- Create quick reports in a few clicks.
- Set benchmarks for your performance.
- Measure total engagement.
- Add context to the data you pull.
- Find out your best time to post.
- Reuse your top posts.
What is social media Matrix?
In this paper we introduce the Social Media Matrix, a practitioner-oriented instrument that supports companies to decide based on their corporate or communication goals which social media activities to execute.
How do you track social media performance?
Here are some tools you can use to analyze your social media audience:
- Friends+Me (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest)
- Followerwonk (Twitter)
- Tailwind (Instagram and Pinterest)
- Social media insights (gender and location data)
- Google Analytics Audience report > Gender and Location.
How do you evaluate social media performance?
How to Measure Social Media Performance
- STEP 1: Assess Each Channel.
- STEP 2: Identify Your Core Channel.
- STEP 3: Look at Your Content.
- STEP 4: Review Your Social Media Goals.
- STEP 5: Analyze Your Listening Strategy.
- STEP 6: Go Deep Into Competitive Analysis.
- STEP 7: Make Sure Your Metrics Still Matter.