Follow the steps below to install Google Analytics on your website.
- Step 1 – Create a Google Account or Use an Existing One.
- Step 2 – Using your New Google Account to Setup Google Analytics.
- Step 3 – Installing the Tracking Code.
- Step 4 – Make Sure the Tracking Code is on All Pages.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I install Google Analytics in HTML?
Here’s how you can add Google Analytics tracking code to your static website:
- Paste the complete snippet into the HTML on your web pages, right after the opening <head> HTML tag.
How do I know if my website has Google Analytics?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I integrate Google Analytics into my WordPress website?
You can also take a look at the written steps to learn how to set up Google Analytics without a plugin in WordPress.
- Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code.
- Step 2: Add the Tracking Code to the header.php File.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
How do I put tracking code on my website?
Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website. On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
Do I need to pay for Google Analytics?
Well, yes and no. Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How many websites use Google Analytics?
BuiltWith, a website that tracks what software is used on websites across the internet, knows of 29.3 million websites using Google Analytics, which comes out to 8.4 percent of the 348 million websites tracked in its database.
How do I install Google Analytics without WordPress Plugin?
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress Without a Plugin?
- Importance Of Google Analytics For Your WordPress Website:
- Step #1: Create a Google Account.
- Step #2: Log In To Google Analytics.
- Step #3: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking ID & Copy Tracking Code.
- Step #4: Log In To WordPress And Add The Code.
Does Google Analytics work with WordPress?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress. com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.