Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What is a Google analytic ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll then need to set up a property to link the website with your account.
How do I get Google Analytics code for my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What is Google Analytics measurement ID?
Measurement IDs are the identifiers of data streams. Each Google Analytics 4 property can contain up to 50 data streams. So, for example, you can send data from your mobile app which has its unique measurement ID, and a website that also has its own measurement ID into one single GA4 property.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How does Google Analytics code work?
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
How do I find my measurement ID?
To get the Measurement ID, from the property column of your GA4 property, go to Data Streams and click on a Web based Data Stream of your choice. If you don’t have a Web based Data Stream, you need to add one first. On the next screen you should see the Measurement ID in the top right corner.
How do I find my Google Analytics 2021 View ID?
Go to Admin settings in Google Analytics In the admin section, click on “View Settings” (top right). In the view settings view, you will find the view ID.