In a Universal Analytics property, the tracking ID is located on the “Property Settings” page. To access it, go to Admin and from the Property column, click on “Property Settings”. You can also get the property ID from the “Tracking Code” page located in Admin -> Property Column -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code.
Is property ID Same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
What is Analytics property ID?
Google Analytics’ property ID is the identifier associated with your account and used by Google Analytics to collect the data. The UA prefix stands for “Universal Analytics,” which is the current version of Google Analytics. The numbers that follow are the Google Analytics account ID.
How do I find my Google Analytics measurement ID?
How do I find my Measurement ID (i.e. “G-” ID)? In Admin, make sure that you have the desired account and property selected. In the Property column, click Data Streams, then click your web data stream. Your “G-” Measurement ID appears in the upper right portion of the panel.
How do I find my Google Analytics 2021 View ID?
Go to Admin settings in Google Analytics In the admin section, click on “View Settings” (top right). In the view settings view, you will find the view ID.
What is a Google tracking ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll need to add your code directly into the site’s HTML.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How can I copy my Google Analytics code?
Where is the Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Admin. ‘
- Next, click on the ‘Tracking info’ and from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Tracking code. ‘
- Here, you can find the Tracking ID and Tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your site.