Find your tracking ID and tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info Tracking Code. Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
What is the Google Analytics tracking ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll then need to set up a property to link the website with your account.
Why can’t I see tracking code in Google Analytics?
If you don’t see a Tracking ID, you have a Google Analytics 4 property. (Google Analytics 4 properties do not have a Tracking ID.) If you need a Tracking ID (i.e. an ID that begins with “UA-“), you will need to create a Universal Analytics property instead.
What does a Google Analytics tracking code look like?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
Is measurement ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics 4 uses measurement ID instead of tracking ID like in Universal Analytics. The measurement ID format is G-XXXXXXX and it identifies which data stream is sending data to your GA4 property.
How do I get Google Analytics tracking ID Android app?
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Google Analytics ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What is UA number?
This is the User Account called a ‘ Urchin Account ‘ (UA) number by Google, associated with a Google Analytics account.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How does Google Analytics code work?
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I access Google Analytics?
You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you’ll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.
How do I set up Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.