Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. The tracking code is the mechanism by which Google Analytics compiles data. It consolidates this data into reports, using graphs and other visuals to display the results.
How do I find my Google Analytics ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I create a Google Analytics account ID?
To set up User-ID:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property in which you want to implement User-ID.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Tracking Info > User-ID.
- Follow the steps outlined in the next sections.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
What is Google Analytics property?
In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID. A Google Analytics account can contain one or more properties.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Is measurement ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics 4 uses measurement ID instead of tracking ID like in Universal Analytics. The measurement ID format is G-XXXXXXX and it identifies which data stream is sending data to your GA4 property.
What is required for user ID?
To recognize users across different devices, Sign-in is required for User ID.
How do I use Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
What is the point of Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, along with the information on the source of the traffic.
What is Google Analytics in my activity?
What is Google Analytics? Google Analytics is a free tool that lets you monitor and analyse website traffic. It is the most widely used website statistics service globally (In 2009, 50% of websites contained some kind of traffic analysis tool. Of that 50%, 80% were using Google Analytics).
How do I access Google Analytics?
You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you’ll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.