Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
Does Google Tag Manager include Google Analytics?
Google Tag Manager does not replace Google Analytics. Instead, it helps users to easily add Google Analytics tracking code (tag) to a website, deploy GA event code snippets and define rules when each code must fire.
How do I set up Google Analytics 4 in Google Tag Manager?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag: Click Tags > New. Click Tag Configuration. Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event. The Google Analytics 4 Event tag
- Click Add Row.
- Enter a Parameter Name.
- Enter a Value.
- Repeat until all desired parameters have been added.
How do I find my Google Tag Manager in Google Analytics?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
How do I add Google Analytics tag to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I track tags in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
How do I get Google Analytics 4?
When you click GA4 Setup Assistant, you create a Google Analytics 4 property that collects data alongside your existing Universal Analytics property. Your Universal Analytics property is left unchanged and continues to collect data — you can always access it via the property selector or Admin screen.
What is Google Analytics tag manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. When Tag Manager is installed, your website or app will be able to communicate with the Tag Manager servers.
How do I know if a site has GTM?
Visit your homepage (or any page on your website) Right click with your mouse or key and click “View Page Source” When viewing your page source, do a Control + F which will bring up your “find” function within your browser. Input GTM here and if you have any matching characters proceed to verify each instance.
What are Google Analytics tags?