Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Where do I put the tracking code in WordPress?
How do I add the tracking code to a WordPress website?
- Install the plugin: Header and Footer.
- Go to the configuration panel of the plugin.
- Under the “Page head and footer” tab, add the tracking code to the section which says “Code to be added to the HEAD section of every page”:
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where do I find my Google Analytics tracking code?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Does Yoast SEO have Google Analytics?
At Yoast, we’re known for giving you numerous tips to improve your site’s SEO. There’s this great free tool that gives a lot of insight into how your website’s traffic is doing: Google Analytics!
How do I check my SEO on Google Analytics?
15 Ways To Track Your SEO Efforts Using Google Analytics
- Sync your Search Console account.
- Create SEO-related goals.
- Use the organic visitors’ segment.
- Compare non-organic visitors to organic.
- Find top-performing content.
- Look at top-performing landing pages.
- Use the Content Drilldown report.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.