So, to start tracking your video views, you’ll need to set up a custom metric in your Analytics. To do that, go to the “Admin” tab in your Analytics and locate the “Property” options. When you find the right menu, scroll down and select the “Custom Metrics” option under the “Custom Definitions” tab.
How can I track who watches my video?
Google Analytics On the videos page, click ‘Analytics. ‘ From there, check out ‘Audience retention,’ which will show you how long people are watching your video for, and where they’re dropping off. In ‘Performance,’ you’ll see a summary of what actions viewers are taking after they watch your video.
How do I track downloads in Google Analytics?
To view file downloads, log in to your Google Analytics account and select the website where you’d like to track file downloads. If you’ve enabled downloads tracking as page views, you can find out the downloads report in the All Pages report along with other blog posts and pages.
How do I track YouTube videos in Google Tag Manager?
Here are the steps you need to complete in order to track Youtube videos with Google Tag Manager.
- Create a Youtube Video Trigger. It all starts with a trigger.
- Enable built-in Youtube video variables.
- Create a Lookup Table variable.
- Create a Google Analytics tag.
- Test the setup.
Can you see views on a Google Drive video?
To make collaboration more efficient and effective, Google Drive is adding a new Activity dashboard that lists the view history of a shared file. The initial Activity dashboard features the “viewing data” for a file, including who has viewed and when they viewed it.
Can you track views on a Google site?
Click the “View report” link next to the website on which you want to track page views. This displays the Dashboard page for the selected website.
How do I track GTM tags in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
Can YouTube videos be tracked?
Google keeps track of the YouTube videos you watch, and it uses that information to deliver personalized ads. But if you don’t want your ad preferences tracked, you can turn it off.
How do I track a Vimeo video in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Vimeo Video Tracking in Google Analytics
- Step 1: Install MonsterInsights WordPress Plugin.
- Step 2: Add Google Analytics to Your WordPress Site.
- Step 3: Copy the Vimeo Tracking Code.
- Step 4: Enter the Vimeo Tracking Code to Your Website.
- Step 5: View Your Vimeo Video Reports.
What is an example of data you Cannot track in Google Analytics?
You can’t track Individual users Unfortunately, Google Analytics only allows to use a unique user ID and prohibits sending personal information, username or an IP address. So you can’t really see and understand how specific users behave on your site and get valuable data.
Can YouTubers know who viewed their videos?
Can YouTubers see who viewed their video? YouTubers cannot see exactly who has viewed their video, but they can see the percentage of how many viewers are a certain age or what gender they are.
How do you track video performance?
Here are 5 video performance metrics that can effectively measure your video ROI.
- View Through Rate (VTR) The VTR is the percentage of people who saw your video that actually go on to watch the video in its entirety.
- Click Through Rate (CTR)
- Share statistics.
- Watch time.
- Life Time Value of a Video (LTVV)
Can teachers see if you watch videos on Google classroom?
Google Classroom does not track student viewing of videos which is why I suggested edpuzzle. If you would like to suggest this as a feature, I recommend clicking the question mark in the lower-left corner of Classroom and choosing “Report issue or request feature.”