Follow the instructions below: Open Google Tag Manager. Click on Triggers., Select New. Name your Trigger “Outbound Link Trigger”.
To reach the event view.
- Open Google Analytics.
- Click Real Time.
- Choose Events.
- Click the outbound link on the website to see it you can track external link clicks.
How do I track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
How do I track outbound links in Google Analytics 4?
How to Enable/Disable Outbound Click Tracking
- Go to Admin Section.
- Select the Property that you want to manage this setting for.
- Click on the Data Stream link.
- Select the Data Stream that you want to modify.
- You will see Outbound click under Enahnaced measurement section.
Does Google Analytics track external link clicks?
Also, keep in mind that Google Analytics 4 can track outbound link clicks automatically. That is a part of Enhanced Measurement. Learn more here.
Can Google Analytics track links?
Can Google Analytics Track Link Clicks? Yes Google Analytics can track both internal and external link clicks through what is called “event tracking”. Custom code snippets or events from Google Tag Manager can help feed these events into Google Analytics based on your specific requirements.
What is outbound links in Google Analytics?
The majority of websites have some links which are external (outbound). When a user clicks on such links he is redirected to another domain. To know the users’ exit details, it is highly recommended to track the outbound link clicks.
What is an outbound link?
Outbound links, or external links, are the opposite of backlinks. Rather than another site having a link to your website (a backlink), outbound links are when you include a link to an external site on your blog page or website.
What is an outbound link click?
Outbound clicks provide a measure of the amount of traffic your ads help send to your website or app.
Does outbound links help SEO?
Outbound links are an important way websites participate in and contribute to the internet. They can add value for readers, help your site with SEO, and open conversations with other businesses.
How do you make a trackable link?
How to Create Trackable Links to Measure Your Campaigns
- Google URL Builder.
- Step #1: Paste the Link.
- Step #2: Create Campaign Source.
- Step #3: Create Campaign Medium.
- Step #4: Create Campaign Team.
- Step #5: Add Campaign Content.
- Step #6: Add Campaign Name.
- Google URL Shortener.
How do you make a tracked link?
How to create tracking links with Linkly
- Signup/login to Linkly.
- Click ‘Create New Link’ from the left hand menu.
- In the Destination field, type in the URL you want a tracking link for.
- Give your link a descriptive ‘Nickname’ to help you find it in future.
- Click Save Link.