Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
Can you track clicks on links?
Yes, Google Analytics has the capability to track link clicks through ‘event’ tracking. This is made possible from data fed into the Analytics platform, you just need the right tools for the job. You can track link clicks via plugins, hardcoding or via Google Tag Manager.
How do I find external link clicks in Google Analytics?
How to View External Link Clicks In Google Analytics
- Click Tag.
- Choose the Google Analytics Tag template,
- Choose Tag type Universal Analytics.
- Configure the Tag, Add your GA ID to the Tracking ID.
- For Track Type, select Event.
- For Category, you can name this “Outbound Link Clink“.
- For Action, choose Click URL.
How do I track clicks on a link in Google Analytics 4?
Set up custom link clicks.
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property to your site. In Google Analytics 4, you can automatically track links.
- Click “See your GA4 property.”
- Click “Data Streams.”
- Click your site.
- Set up custom link clicks.
How do I track outbound link clicks?
How to Track Outbound Link Clicks with Google Tag Manager
- Log in to Your Google Tag Manager Account.
- Go to Variables and Click New Under User-Defined Variables.
- Select Auto-Event Variable Under Variable Type.
- Go to Triggers and Create a New One.
- Select Click – Just Links Under Trigger Type.
- Go to Tags and Click New.
How do I track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
How does GTM track external links?
Tip 106: Track outbound link clicks with the Auto-Event variable
- Step 1: Create the Auto-Event variable. Go to Variables in the Google Tag Manager user interface, and scroll down to User-Defined Variables. Click New.
- Step 2: Create the Just Links trigger. Then, go to Triggers in the GTM user interface, and click New.