Tracking affiliate links in Google Analytics
- Create a tagging convention so that data in your reports is consistent.
- Identify the affiliate traffic Source, Medium and Campaign, if you want to include one.
- Create UTM tags and append those to URLs your affiliates will be using to refer traffic to your site.
How do you keep track of affiliate sales?
Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tracking Software Platforms
- Everflow.io. Everflow is arguably the best affiliate tracking platform out there with a great UI and an extensive feature set.
- Impact Radius.
- Click Inc.
How do you track affiliate conversions?
To track where conversions originate, you’ll want to start by creating a custom link/code for each area of your site that you want to track. You can do this on most affiliate network websites or through your advertiser if they run their own affiliate program.
How are affiliate links tracked?
How is an affiliate tracked? When a customer clicks this link and lands on your website, the affiliate’s ID (123 in the example above) is stored in a cookie, within the customer’s browser. If the customer makes a purchase, the affiliate that the customer is tracking is awarded commission on the sale.
What is affiliates in Google Analytics?
Tracking Your WordPress Affiliate Links in Google Analytics It helps you track your entire website traffic and their interactions on your site. As such, affiliate tracking is just 1 type of metric that Google Analytics tracks. It simplifies the whole process of using Google Analytics in WordPress.
How do merchants track the performance of the affiliate links?
If a customer completes the desired action on the merchant’s page, a small piece of code, known as a conversion pixel, loads up and reads the cookie information (transaction ID). The information is further sent to the system for tracking conversions, and the conversion is recorded for the proper affiliate.
What is tracking link in affiliate marketing?
Tracking links are Unique URLs -web addresses. These links are used by affiliate marketers to send a customer directly to an advertiser’s website. Once the link is clicked by the customer, it tracks purchases for a period of time – and pays the affiliate a commission for each conversion made.
How do I manage affiliate links?
5 Tips for Managing an Affiliate Marketing Program
- 1) Get the Best Affiliate Tracking You Can Buy or Build.
- 2) Know How Much You Can Spend Per Lead.
- 3) Know Where Your Affiliate Partners Are Advertising.
- 4) Always Measure Results Daily.
- 5) Build Good Relationships.
How do I track a link in Google Analytics?
Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I track referral links in Google Analytics?
Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you’d like to see traffic referrals. To view the traffic referrals, navigate to Acquisition » All Traffic » Referrals. You’ll now see a table that shows referral traffic sources to your site.