- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking info Tracking code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Where do I put the Google Analytics tracking code?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the <head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do you insert Google Analytics tracking into your website?
Google Analytics Tracking Code On the bottom left-hand side of the page, click Admin. From the left column titled Account, select an account from the dropdown menu. From the middle column titled Property, select a property from the dropdown menu. Under the Property column, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
How do I install a tracking code?
To install the tracking code, paste the code before the closing </body> tag in the HTML code for each page of your site. Click New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- For the Tag type, choose Custom HTML Tag. Then, give your tag a name.
- Paste the tracking code in the HTML field.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How do I add code to my website?
To insert HTML code into any page on your web site, open your web page on which you want to place the HTML code in the Pages Editor. Place your cursor in the content where you want the HTML code to appear on the page and then click on the ” Insert HTML” icon in the toolbar (next to the “Source” icon).
What is tracking code in Google Analytics?
How the Tracking Code Works. In general, the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) retrieves web page data as follows: A browser requests a web page that contains the tracking code. After the tracking code collects data, the GIF request is sent to the Analytics database for logging and post-processing.
How does Google Analytics track HubSpot form submissions?
Add a Google Analytics Event Tag that reports the data to GA.
- Step 1: Create the Custom HTML Tag in Google Tag Manager.
- Step 2: Add a dataLayer variable to read the HubSpot form’s GUID.
- Step 3: Create the trigger.
- Step 4 — Create a Google Analytics Event Tag.
- Step 5 — Setup the new event as a goal in Google Analytics.
What is a Google Analytics tracking ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll then need to set up a property to link the website with your account.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
What Analytics tracking code can collect?
- Language the browser is set to.
- Type of browser.
- Device and operating system.