Create an event
- In the left pane, click Configure, then Events.
- Click Create event.
- If your property has more than one data stream, you will be asked to select a data stream.
- Click Create.
- Under Custom event name, enter the name you want this new event to have.
What are events Custom events in Google Analytics?
Custom events are events that are not already automatically collected or recommended events. Only use custom events if the existing events don’t handle your use case. Custom events won’t show up in most standard reports so you will likely need to set up custom reporting for meaningful analysis.
How do I create an event and goals in Google Analytics?
Set up an event goal
- Navigate to Admin in Google Analytics -> Goals (under View)
- Click ‘New Goal’
- Choose ‘Custom’ as a goal type.
- Give your new cool goal a name.
- Choose ‘Event’ as the goal type.
- Click ‘Continue’
- Add your goal Category, Action and/or Label.
- Verify the goal.
How do I create an event in Google Analytics 4?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag:
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event.
- For Configuration Tag, select the Configuration Tag you created earlier.
- For Event Name, specify the name of the event.
- Optional: Enter Event Parameters.
How do I create a custom event in GA4?
To set up GA4 custom events via Google Tag Manager follow the steps below:
- Step-1: Log in to your GTM account and then click on ‘Tags’ in the left-hand side menu:
- Step-2: Click on the ‘New’ button to create a new tag:
- Step-3: Name your tag ‘Button Click’ and then click on ‘Tag configuration’.
How do I create an event in GA4?
Click the Configure section on the left sidebar of your GA4 interface. Then go to Conversions. Then click New conversion event and enter the name of the event that you have just created. Click Save.
What is Event action Google Analytics?
Events are user interactions with content other than page loads (pageviews). Downloads, link clicks, form submissions, and video plays are all examples of actions you might want to analyze as Events.
How do I make an event a conversion in Google Analytics?
To mark any of your existing events as a conversion:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Select your property.
- In the left pane, select Configure > Events.
- Locate the event, then on the right, turn on Mark as conversion.
Where are custom events in Google Analytics?
In Google Analytics 4, go to Configure > Custom Definitions. Since we sent 2 custom parameters with the menu link click, we must register them both here. Click the Create Custom Dimensions button and then enter:
- The name of the parameter. You can enter whatever you want.
- Event parameter.
What are custom dimensions in Google Analytics?
Include non-standard data in your reports. Custom dimensions and custom metrics are like default dimensions and metrics in your Analytics account, except you create them yourself. You can use them to collect and analyze data that Analytics doesn’t automatically track.
What is custom variable Google Analytics?
Custom variables are name-value pair tags that you can insert in your tracking code in order to refine Google Analytics tracking. With custom variables, you can define additional segments to apply to your visitors other than the ones already provided by Analytics.