Does Google Analytics work with Shopify?
If the questions you have about your store’s performance can’t be answered with the data available in Shopify’s analytics, then you can use Google Analytics. Google Analytics lets you track visitors, sessions, and other customer behavior on your store.
How do I integrate Google Analytics?
To set up Google Analytics, you simply have to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Set up Google Tag Manager. Step 2: Create Google Analytics account. …
- Step 2: Create Google Analytics account. …
- Step 3: Set up analytics tag with Google Tag Manager. …
- Step 4: Set up goals. …
- Step 5: Link to Google Search Console.
Where do I put the tracking code in Shopify?
Add Tracking Code to Shopify
- Log in to your Shopify Administration Dashboard.
- Click “Online Store”, then click “Themes”.
- In the top-right corner, next to your current theme, click the “Actions” button.
- Click “Edit Code”.
- Under ‘Layout’, click theme. …
- Scroll to the bottom of the document – just before the closing body tag ().
How do I set up Google Analytics for ecommerce?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
How do Google Analytics work?
What is enhanced ecommerce Google Analytics?
Overview. Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce enables product impression, promotion, and sales data to be sent with any of your Google Analytics pageviews and events. Use pageviews to track product impressions and product purchases; and use events to track checkout steps and product clicks.
Where do I put Google Analytics code?
The code should be added near the top of the tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.
How do I activate Google Analytics for my website?
Use Analytics with your site
- Step 1: Get an Analytics tracking ID. Sign up for an Analytics account if you don’t already have one. Find your Analytics tracking ID.
- Step 2: Add Analytics tracking. On your computer, open a site in new Google Sites. In the top right corner, click Settings . …
- Step 3: See your data. Open Analytics. View your data.
Can I put Google ads on Shopify?
Google Ads terminology
Google Ads – an online advertising platform, where you can pay to advertise your Shopify store, products, and content. … Bid – the highest amount you’re willing to pay for a click on your ad.
How do I connect my Shopify to Google ads?
- When you get to the Set up the tag step in Google Ads, click Install the tag yourself.
- In the Global site tag section, select the option that applies. …
- Copy your global site tag.
- In another browser window, open your Shopify admin and click Online Store.
- Click Actions > Edit code.
- Open your theme.
How do I use Shopify Analytics?
- Open your Shopify admin.
- Go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, click the Use Enhanced Ecommerce checkbox. …
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View menu, click Ecommerce Settings.
Can Google Analytics track sales?
To view your eCommerce stats, you’ll need to visit Insights » Reports from your dashboard and then click the eCommerce tab. Now you can your eCommerce store’s sales data. You can see your store’s total transactions, conversion rate, revenue, and average order value. You can also see your top-selling products.
How do I track revenue in Google Analytics?
How to Measure Revenue by Medium or Source in Google Analytics. Go to the Acquisition tab in Google Analytics. Under All Traffic click on Source/Medium. This page shows you traffic from each channel as well as revenue generated from each medium and source.