How do I get Google Analytics for my website?
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics. …
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. …
- Set up a reporting view in your property. …
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Can you use Google Analytics for any website?
Typeform – You can easily add your Google Analytics tracking code to any of your typeforms, in order to track visitor behavior and demographics. Weebly – You’re welcome to add Google Analytics to any site to augment the stats that we already provide for each site.
How do I add Google Analytics 2019 to my website?
Step 1. Create a Google Analytics account
- Choose what you’re going to track: a website or a mobile app.
- Give your Google Analytics account a distinctive name.
- Enter your website’s name.
- Enter your website’s URL.
- Select the industry category that best reflects your business.
- Select your country and a reporting time zone.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
Access Your Google Analytics Tracking Code
Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website.
Are Google Analytics free?
So, Is Google Analytics Free? … Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
What can be tracked with Google Analytics?
Features. Google Analytics is used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, along with the information on the source of the traffic.
Is Google Analytics hard to learn?
Google Analytics can be difficult to understand and dissect. Mining through the complex metrics of Analytics is a little like gold mining. … After struggling for months, I found my mistake – I was jumping into the advanced Analytics lessons before understanding the basics and was not following a proper learning process.
Who should use Google Analytics?
7 Reasons to Use Google Analytics
- You can see how people find your website. …
- You can track what people do when they’re on your website. …
- You gain data on who’s visiting your website and how. …
- You can find the most popular pages on your website. …
- It helps you track conversions. …
- It’s free. …
- It’s easy.
How do Google Analytics work?
Where do I copy my Google Analytics code?
Getting your Google Analytics Tracking Code and Tracker ID
Usually it’s placed in the part of the site. If you’re using GTM or a plugin usually you’d just need to copy-paste the tracking ID. Once the code is on the site it automatically starts gathering data about your visitors and their actions.
Where is the Google Analytics tracking code?
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.