What is Event Tracking in Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Event tracking is a useful feature that allows you to record interactions with elements of your website which aren’t tracked as standard within Google Analytics. … You can set up event tracking manually on each link or use Google Tag Manager to automate your event tracking.
How do I see event tracking in Google Analytics?
The simplest way to do this is to trigger the event yourself. Then, check Google Analytics to see if the event showed up. You can view your tracked events by clicking “Behavior” in the sidebar and scrolling down to “Events.” Your tracked events can be found under “Behavior” in Google Analytics.
What is Event label in Google Analytics?
The ‘event label’ is the name assigned to the web page element, whose users’ interaction you want to track. You can use any value of type ‘text’ as an event label. … Note: Google Analytics report event label as a dimension in its reports.
Can Google Analytics track button clicks?
You can use Google Tag Manager to track button clicks into Google Analytics without needing to modify the code on your website. I’m going to walk you through tracking clicks on a button used in a form, but you can use the same technique for tracking buttons in your navigation, banners, content, and more.
What Cannot be collected by the default Analytics tracking code?
What cannot be collected by the default Analytics tracking code? Correct answer is: User’s favorite website.
Where do I put Google Analytics code?
The code should be added near the top of the tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.
Where can you check the status of your tracking code?
Google Analytics Account
- Navigate to the Google Analytics website. …
- Click the name of your website after reaching the “Account Home” page.
- Click the “Admin” button in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Click the “Tracking Code” tab.
- Examine the “Tracking Status” section near the bottom of the page.
How do I track an event in Google Tag Manager?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
25 мая 2017 г.
How do I create a Universal Analytics tag?
To create a Universal Analytics transaction tag fired by the transaction event:
- Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account.
- Select a mobile container.
- On the left navigation bar, click Tags.
- Click New.
- Click Untitled Tag to enter the tag name Transaction Completed.
- Choose product Google Analytics.
- Enter the tracking ID.
What are custom events in Google Analytics?
What is unique events in Google Analytics?
Unique Events are interactions with content by a single user within a single session that can be tracked separately from pageviews or screenviews.
Can Google Analytics tracking PDF views?
You can now track PDF views as a goal within this Google Analytics view. If you would like to see the full report on your Tag Manager events, click on the Behavior –> Events –> Overview report in the sidebar of Google Analytics. The Event Action report will show you the exact URLs of the downloaded PDFs.
How do I know if my website has clicks?
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Google Analytics URL (link) builder. …
- Fill in all the required fields. …
- Click the “Submit” button. …
- Test your tracking link before sharing it just to make sure it works and that it takes you to the correct page/post.