To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.
What is Google Analytics account ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. The tracking code is the mechanism by which Google Analytics compiles data.
How do I find my Google Analytics UA number?
First, sign in to Google Analytics. The fastest way to find the UA code for each property, is to click “All Accounts” at the top of the screen to activate the dropdown menu, then locate the account and in the middle column and you will see the UA number below the Property (see screenshot).
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
What is Google Analytics measurement ID?
Measurement IDs are the identifiers of data streams. Each Google Analytics 4 property can contain up to 50 data streams. So, for example, you can send data from your mobile app which has its unique measurement ID, and a website that also has its own measurement ID into one single GA4 property.
What is Google Analytics account number?
Analytics account ID When you create an account in Analytics, the account is provided with a unique ID. This ID is part of the tracking code that inserted in the source code for your site or app. For example, if the tracking code for your site uses the property ID UA-10876-1, the account ID is the central number 10876.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What is a Google Analytics code?
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Can I see Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.