From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences. In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce. If you’re using an older version of Google Analytics, then you might need to click Upgrade to the latest version before you can click the Use Enhanced Ecommerce checkbox.
Where do I put Google Analytics tracking code Shopify?
Follow the below steps to add Google Analytics to Shopify. step#1 open your Shopify ecommerce dashboard/admin, and then click Online Store and then click Preferences. Step#2: Now paste the analytics tracking code in the Google Analytics account field. Step#3: Click Save and Done!
Is Google Analytics Compatible with Shopify?
Shopify analytics reports are really robust and accessible. Adding Google Analytics to your Shopify store is free and is the first step to creating a data-driven strategy for your ecommerce store.
How does Google Analytics track Shopify conversions?
From your Shopify Admin Dashboard, open Sales Channels > Online Store > Preferences, then scroll down to Google Analytics, then check use Enhanced Ecommerce” to turn on eCommerce tracking from Shopify part.
How do I add Google Analytics to my Shopify website?
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting toggle to turn it from OFF to ON.
How do I add Google Analytics 4 to Shopify?
To install Google Analytics 4 on the standard version of Shopify, you will need to follow these steps.
- Add the tracking code to your theme.
- Add the tracking code to your order confirmation page.
- Exclude Shopify as a referral in GA4.
- Add your Universal Analytics property ID.
How do I set up Google Analytics for ecommerce?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
How do I set up tracking on Shopify?
From your Shopify admin, go to Orders. Click the order number for the order you want to add a tracking number to. In the Fulfilled section, click Add tracking. In the Edit tracking dialog, enter your shipment’s tracking number.
Is Shopify Analytics accurate?
The app offers 100% accurate data from every event (including page views, add to carts, purchases and refunds) that takes place in your Shopify store at every step of the customer journey.
How do I add a Google pixel to Shopify?
- In your Shopify admin, click Facebook in the Sales channels section.
- Click Settings, and then click Data sharing settings.
- In the Customer data-sharing section, click the Enable data-sharing toggle.
- In the Choose data-sharing level section select Standard, Enhanced, or Maximum.
- Select your pixel from the list.
Does Shopify support Google Analytics 4?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.