Simply edit the header. php file in your WordPress theme and paste the Google Analytics tracking that code you copied earlier right after thetag. Don’t forget to save your changes and upload the file back to your server.
Where do I find Google Analytics on WordPress?
On Your WordPress.com Site Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section.
How do I add Google Analytics to my WordPress website?
Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code. Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code. Now you can get the tracking code under the Website tracking section.
Where does Google Analytics store its data?
Users of Google Analytics, have their data scattered across randomly selected public cloud datacenters, most of which are located in the US. To ensure the safety of those EU-US data transfers, Google used to rely on the Privacy Shield framework.
Where is the header php file in WordPress?
To find the file and edit it yourself go to wp-content > themes > your-theme-name > header. php. You can then open it in a code editor and make any changes you need to.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code?
Where is the Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Admin. ‘
- Next, click on the ‘Tracking info’ and from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Tracking code. ‘
- Here, you can find the Tracking ID and Tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your site.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
How does WooCommerce integrate with Google Analytics?
Configure the plugin by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Integrations. You will see ‘Google Analytics’ listed as an option. In the VIEW column, Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Set Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting to ON.
- Click Save.
How does Google Analytics work to track website traffic?
Can you see IP addresses in Google Analytics?
IP addresses are not available in your Google Analytics reports. So, while Google does collect IP addresses, Google doesn’t provide that data to end users. The bottom line is you are not able to see IP addresses anywhere in your Google Analytics reports.
Can I see Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do you check if Google Analytics is installed on a site?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).