Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing /head tag.
Where do I paste a tracking code in WordPress?
Click Editor, located under Appearance in the menu on the left. Click the header. php file in the menu on the right. Paste your tracking code immediately before the closing </head> tag.
Where do I paste Google Analytics tracking code?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the <head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Where should the Analytics tracking code be placed in the HTML of a webpage?
The Analytics tracking code should be placed Just before the closing </head> tag of your website in the HTML of a webpage for data collection.
How do you set up Google Analytics on WordPress?
How to Set Up Google Analytics for WordPress
- Sign Up For Google Analytics. The first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for Google Analytics.
- Install Your Plugin. Next, you’ll need to actually install your plugin.
- Authenticate Your Google Account.
- Select the Profile You Want to Track.
- Start Tracking.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Where do I put Google Analytics code in PHP?
Click on the “Tracking Code” option under “Tracking Info” section.
- Go to Property Tracking Code.
- Copy Google Analytics Tracking Code.
- Analytics Tracking PHP File.
- Upload Analytics Tracking PHP File Using FTP.
- Insert PHP Code in Page Template.
- Verify Analytics Code on Page Source.
Where do I put the tracking code in HTML?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of the <head> tag of the website. The code placement will differ from website to website.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I put tracking code on my website?
Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website. On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code.