In a new browser tab, open your Shopify admin. Go to Online store > Preferences. In the Google Analytics section, paste your Universal Analytics property in the Google Analytics account field.
Where do I put Google Analytics code in Shopify?
Follow the below steps to add Google Analytics to Shopify. step#1 open your Shopify ecommerce dashboard/admin, and then click Online Store and then click Preferences. Step#2: Now paste the analytics tracking code in the Google Analytics account field. Step#3: Click Save and Done!
How do I add Google Analytics 4 to Shopify?
To install Google Analytics 4 on the standard version of Shopify, you will need to follow these steps.
- Add the tracking code to your theme.
- Add the tracking code to your order confirmation page.
- Exclude Shopify as a referral in GA4.
- Add your Universal Analytics property ID.
How do I add Google Analytics to my Shopify account?
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting toggle to turn it from OFF to ON.
Where is my Google Analytics code?
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Is Google Analytics 4 compatible with Shopify?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.
How do I set up Google Analytics for ecommerce?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
Do you need Google Analytics for Shopify?
Bear in mind, though, that Shopify’s Customers reports are limited to 30,000 customers, so if you’re running a big ecommerce store and want data for more than 30,000 customers you’ll need to use Google Analytics.
How do I set up Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How does Shopify track sales in Google Analytics?
From your Shopify Admin Dashboard, open Sales Channels > Online Store > Preferences, then scroll down to Google Analytics, then check use Enhanced Ecommerce” to turn on eCommerce tracking from Shopify part.
How do I add a track order to my Shopify page?
Head into your Shopify admin. In your Orders section, select an order of a partially fulfilled or unfulfilled order that you need to add a tracking number to. Under the Unfulfilled section in the order page, click on ‘Mark as fulfilled’ to open the order’s Fulfillment page.