What data does Google Analytics collect?
- Time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the webpages.
- Referring site details (such as the URI a user came through to arrive at this site)
- Type of web browser.
- Type of operating system (OS)
What information does Google Analytics capture?
Google Analytics can then generate customizable reports to track and visualize data such as the number of users, bounce rates, average session durations, sessions by channel, page views, goal completions and more. The page tag functions as a web bug or web beacon, to gather visitor information.
What data does Google Analytics collect by default?
By default, this Google Analytics hit captures data like:
- Page Information. URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing.
- Browser Information. Browser name – the browser the user is using.
- User Information. Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated.
What can the Google Analytics tracking code collect?
In general, the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) retrieves web page data as follows: A browser requests a web page that contains the tracking code. After the tracking code collects data, the GIF request is sent to the Analytics database for logging and post-processing.
What data and reports do you collect from Google Analytics?
The 6 Most Important Reports in Google Analytics
- 1.) Mobile Overview Report. Audience > Mobile > Overview.
- 2.) Channels Report. Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels.
- 3.) Navigation Summary. Behavior > Site Content > All Pages > Navigation Tab.
- 4.) Landing Pages Report.
- 5.) Site Speed Overview Report.
- 6.) Goal Overview Report.
What can you do with Analytics data?
Here are just 20 of the things that Google Analytics can do – and how you can use them to your advantage.
- Import data from other sources.
- Show real-time traffic data.
- Find the geographic locations your visitors come from.
- See which devices your visitors are using.
- Show the channels your traffic is coming from.
What is Google Analytics collect?
It’s a request for www.google-analytics.com/collect. It contains twenty-ish URL-encoded parameters. Each parameter stores a specific piece of information that is either used to populate reports or to keep things organized. Some parameters are only used in specific cases, others are required each time.
What are the benefits of using Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Benefits
- Track Online Traffic.
- Understand User Behavior.
- Offline to Online Tracking.
- Data Reports And Customization.
- Improve Online Advertising With Marketing Analytics.
- Improve Search Engine Optimization And Content Marketing.
- Google Analytics Conversion Tracking.
- Find Your Target Audience.
Which goals are available in Google Analytics?
Destination, Event, Duration, and Pages/Screens per Session are the goals that are available in Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics used for YouTube?
Google Analytics can track your YouTube traffic in two ways. Tracking the traffic from YouTube to your website is useful no matter how many subscribers your channel has. In this case, Google Analytics tracks users who click a link on YouTube to visit your website.
Can Google Analytics tell you who is visiting your site?
Google Analytics can provide some information on who is visiting your website via the Network Report. The Google Analytics Network Report stores Service Provider data to show which service provider visitors are using to access your site.
Does Google Analytics collect email addresses?
The Google Analytics documentation specifies the types of data that it counts as PII. This includes: email addresses.
How can I tell who has access to my Google Analytics?
Sign in to Google Analytics.. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view. In the Account, Property, or View column, click Access Management. Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user group you want.
What can Google Analytics tell you about missed opportunities with your keywords?
What can Google Analytics tell you about missed opportunities with your keywords? Select an answer: Keywords that have high impressions and high click-through rates are missed opportunities. Google Analytics only provides data on traffic you are already attracting, not on missed opportunities.
What scopes can custom metrics have?
There are four levels of scope: product, hit, session, and user: Product – value is applied to the product for which it has been set (Enhanced Ecommerce only). Hit – value is applied to the single hit for which it has been set. Session – value is applied to all hits in a single session.