How to track Facebook ads in Google Analytics
- Step 1: Create a trackable link. The first step to tracking your Facebook activity in Google Analytics is to generate a URL parameter for your ads.
- Step 2: Create your Facebook ad.
- Step 3: Add trackable link to your Facebook ad.
- Step 4: Track performance in Google Analytics.
Can I track Facebook in Google Analytics?
To start tracking Facebook ads in Google Analytics, login to your Google Analytics account. From the left side menu, navigate to Acquisition —> All Traffic —> Source/Medium. From Primary Dimension, navigate to the Other dropdown menu, and select the parameter you want to track from the Acquisition dimensions.
How do I see Facebook traffic in Google Analytics?
How to Track Facebook Campaign Traffic in Google Analytics
- Scroll to the top of the report and click Add Segment.
- Click on the red New Segment button.
- Select the Traffic Sources tab on the left menu bar.
How do I get Facebook Analytics?
Tap Pages, then go to your Page. Tap Insights at the top of your Page. To see more insights or to export insights, log into Facebook from a computer. Insights provide information about your Page’s performance, like demographic data about your audience and how people are responding to your posts.
How do I track Facebook UTM in Google Analytics?
STEP 6: Track Facebook UTM conversions (in Context) with Google Analytics data from one place
- Log into UTM Smart Manager > Connections.
- Click on each of the data sources (ie Facebook Ads)> Log into Facebook > select your account > click OK.
How do you track a click on Facebook?
Facebook doesn’t offer an analytics feature that allows you to track clicks on links added to the Facebook wall. The only way to track clicks from your Facebook wall links is to use a URL shortening service for each external link that you post to your wall.
Can I see Facebook pixel data in Google Analytics?
Snapshot: Facebook Ads Manager > Ads Manager menu > All Tools > Measure & Report > Custom Conversions. Create Custom Conversion > URL Contains *OR Equals*: [URL] OR [URL Keyword] > Choose a Category: Lead > Source should be your Facebook Pixel, status should be Active > Click Next.
How do I keep track of social media analytics?
These 10 social media analytics tools can help you track your social presence
- Sprout Social.
- Google Analytics.
How do I track a source in Google Analytics?
To check traffic sources on specific pages:
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click ‘Behaviour -> Overview’.
- Click the page you want to analyze.
- Click the Secondary dimension drop down menu.
- Within the drop down menu, click Acquisition -> Source (or medium, depending if you want to see general or specific traffic sources).
How do I see social media traffic in Google Analytics?
Log in to Google Analytics and select the right website for which you’d like to view the social media report. In the left taskbar, navigate to Acquisition » All Traffic » Channels. You can view a detailed Channels report. Now click on the Social column.
How do I find my Facebook stats?
The Insights feature is built into the administrator interface.
- Log in to Facebook and click the Facebook page title you want to get statistics for in the left sidebar.
- Click the “View Insights” link in the right sidebar of your Facebook page to view the user and interaction statistics overview for the past month.
What can Facebook analytics tell you?
Facebook Insights is an analytics dashboard where you can track user behavior and post performance on your Facebook business page. In addition to providing key metrics like page views and post reach for paid and organic posts, the platform also recommends competitor pages to watch and track.
What metrics does Facebook track?
This section covers the metrics that are most commonly associated with how your posts or Page perform.
- Engagement rate.
- Page Likes & followers.
- 6. Facebook referral traffic.
- Follower demographics.
- Share of voice.