Google Analytics UTM campaign parameters can be found in the Reports section under Acquisition>Campaigns>All campaigns. Just log into your Google Analytics platform and scroll down to your Acquisition Section.
How do I track my UTM tags?
Once you add the UTM code to your campaign’s URL, you can track the performance in Google Analytics in a few different reports.
- Create a custom report under “Customization” > “Custom Reports”.
- Go to Acquisition → Overview → All Traffic → Source/Medium to view traffic.
Why is my UTM not showing in Google Analytics?
If your UTM tags disappear after the page loads, they are not working properly. If they remain at the end of the URL, it’s very likely that this information is captured and sent to Google Analytics.
How do I track UTM links in Google Analytics 4?
How to add UTM-tags using Google URL Builder
- Fill out the fields with your URL as well as each of your UTM-tag parameters (source etc.). This will automatically create a URL containing all of your UTM-tags and variables.
- Copy this generated link and then paste it into your ads, banners, emails, or social media posts.
What are UTM tracking codes?
Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) codes are snippets of code — attached to the end of a URL — used to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. They are also used to pinpoint specific sources of traffic to your website.
How do I track a source in Google Analytics?
To check traffic sources on specific pages:
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click ‘Behaviour -> Overview’.
- Click the page you want to analyze.
- Click the Secondary dimension drop down menu.
- Within the drop down menu, click Acquisition -> Source (or medium, depending if you want to see general or specific traffic sources).
How do I know if UTM is working?
To test your UTM parameters, enter the tagged URL into your browser and see what happens.
- During HTTP to HTTPS redirect, UTM parameters are not passed in this case.
- It’s not a good idea to use “cpc” as a medium by default when tagging social media campaigns.
How do I fix UTM?
The first step to keeping your UTM tags consistent is to have a hierarchy defined and widely-used amongst your marketing team, agencies and vendors. This keeps everyone on the same page and prevents lots of unfair apples-to-oranges comparisons when reviewing your marketing analytics.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.
What are UTM parameters in Google Analytics?
What Is A UTM Parameter? UTM parameters (sometimes called UTM codes) are specific text strings that you can append to URLs that allow you track those URLs when they get clicked on. UTM parameters make Google Analytics pick up on the data in the code and log it with the pageview.
How do I track a click in Google Analytics?
Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I add UTM parameters to Google ads?
How to enable UTM tracking in your Google Ads campaigns. Click the Campaigns tab and select the campaign you want to track. Click Settings — Additional settings (in the bottom) — Campaign URL options. Click Save.
How do I generate UTM codes in Google Analytics?
How to use UTM tracking codes
- Install Google Analytics on your website.
- Visit Google’s free Campaign URL Builder page.
- Insert the website URL and campaign information.
- Create a unique UTM tracking code (aka campaign URL) for every ad or link.
- Use the UTM tracking codes in your marketing campaigns.
How do UTM tags work?
What Is a UTM Tag? A UTM code is a snippet of text you can attach to the end of a URL in order to track a source, medium, and campaign name. When you attach a UTM tag to a URL, Google Analytics will tell you where your searchers are coming from and what campaign brought them to your site.
Who uses UTM?
They are just two different ways of positioning a point. Many experienced users prefer UTM over latitude/longitude when using 7.5′ topographic quadrangle maps. Ocean-going sailors and other marine users almost always use latitude/longitude because navigation charts are optimized for this method.