Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Can you see website analytics on WordPress?
Once you’ve connected your site with Google Analytics using the plugin, you can see your WordPress analytics. For more detailed reports, you head over to the Insights » Reports menu from your WordPress dashboard. You’ll see different reports offered by the WordPress analytics plugin.
How do I add a tracking code to my WordPress site?
Adding Tracking Code Options
- You can use Insert Headers and Footers plugin, and the first step is to install it on the website.
- Once you activate the plugin go to Settings >> Insert Headers and Footers.
- From there, just add your code to the Scripts in the Header Box.
How do I install MonsterInsights on WordPress?
First, log in to your MonsterInsights account by clicking the Login link at the top of the page.
- Next, Log in.
- To download MonsterInsights, once in the Downloads area click the Download link on the right next to the MonsterInsights Pro or Plus plugin:
- Step 2: Upload and Install the Plugin on Your WordPress Site.
What is the best analytics plugin for WordPress?
The Best WordPress Analytics Plugins
- Google Analytics WD.
- WP Google Analytics Events.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com.
- WP Statistics.
- Slimstat Analytics.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce.
- WP Power Stats.
How do I see website analytics?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics to my HTML website?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How do I add Google Analytics to my free WordPress blog?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Is MonsterInsights the same as Google Analytics?
The difference between MonsterInsights vs Google Analytics is: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google to help you understand your website visitors. MonsterInsights is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes it effortless to connect Google Analytics with your WordPress site.
Is MonsterInsights free?
MonsterInsights Lite is a free version of MonsterInsights, the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. Using the plugin, you can easily set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site without having to edit any code. And you don’t have to hire an analytics expert to setup tracking.
Is MonsterInsights Pro worth it?
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics WordPress plugin out there. You get more features, tracking options, and a user-friendly experience than any other WordPress Analytics plugin. This makes MonsterInsights totally worth it. And that’s it!