Steps to Set up Email Tracking Google Analytics
- Step 1: Create a Google Analytics Account.
- Step 2: Create a Trackable URL.
- Step 3: Insert the URL in the Email.
- Step 4: Monitor the Email Campaign in Real-time.
Can you track emails with Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a powerful tool for click tracking but it’s not the best out there for tracking emails. You can insert a URL to your emails and get many after-click insights and see how the link performed.
How do I see email traffic in Google Analytics?
Find your tracked email reports in Google Analytics
- Log in to your Google Analytics account and click Reporting in the top navigation bar.
- In the sidebar, click Acquisition > Campaigns > All Campaigns.
Can Google Analytics track email open rate?
“Open-Rates” measures how often an email message was opened. Google Analytics allows you to track email open rates using a tracking pixel embedded in the message, e.g.
Does Google Analytics have an API?
Introduction. The Google Analytics Reporting API v4 provides programmatic methods to access report data in Google Analytics (Universal Analytics properties only). With the Google Analytics Reporting API, you can: Integrate your Google Analytics data with other business applications.
What is email traffic Google Analytics?
EMAIL TRAFFIC: Traffic driven to your website through email marketing campaigns. Google Analytics can help you generate reports on your email marketing efforts too. To send data to the function email traffic in Google Analytics, you’ll need to tag each of the link placed in your email.
How can Google Analytics help with email marketing?
Google Analytics lets you easily determine the location your most active audience in the world is by viewing where people are opening your emails. From there, it’s easy to plan the timing of your email sends so they coincide when your users are the most active and most likely to see your content.
How do you put a tracker in an email?
How to Track an Email
- Establish company guidelines on email tracking practices. Technology like email tracking can be used to improve the customer experience, but it must be used responsibly.
- Install an email tracking app.
- Compose an email.
- Check the “Track” box.
How do I embed a pixel in an email?
Just follow these steps:
- Create a new email in Outlook.
- Save the email, selecting HTML from the save type dropdown.
- Open the HTML file using a text editor.
- Find the closing body “</body>” tag.
- Paste the tracking pixel just above this tag.
- Save the file.
- Drag the file into Outlook.
How do I integrate Google Analytics into my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I enable API in Google Analytics?
Step 2: Activate the Google Analytics Reporting API
- Go to your Dashboard and click “Enable APIs and Services”
- Search for “Google Analytics Reporting API”
- Click on the API to create.
- Click on “Enable”
How do I create a Google Analytics API?
Let’s do it!
- Step 1: Create a new project. The first step on your way of setting up your Google Analytics API is to create a new project.
- Step 2: Enable Google Analytics API.
- Step 3: Create Google Analytics API credentials.
- Step 4: Fill out OAuth consent screen.
- Step 5: Get Google Analytics API keys.