Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics property to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations on your site’s dashboard.
- Click Connect under Google Analytics.
- Click Connect Google Analytics at the top right.
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID or Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the pop-up.
Can I use Google Analytics on a Wix website?
It is not possible to use Google Analytics with a free Wix site. This is because Google Analytics requires that you have your own URL (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com). This service is therefore only available to users who have upgraded their site to a Premium Plan that includes connecting a domain.
How do I know if Google Analytics is working Wix?
You can check that your Google Analytics code is working by viewing the Real-time report in your Google Analytics dashboard while your Wix site is open on your computer. To view the Real-Time report: Open your Google Analytics dashboard. Click Real-time on the left.
How do I link my site to Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add a tracking code to my Wix website?
- Go to Settings in your site’s dashboard.
- Click the Custom Code tab in the Advanced section.
- Click + Add Custom Code at the top right.
- Paste the code snippet in the text box.
- Enter a name for your code.
- Select an option under Add Code to Pages:
- Choose where to place your code under Place Code in:.
- Click Apply.
How do I add Google console to Wix?
Verifying your domain with Google Search Console helps Google to identify you as the trustworthy owner of your site. Step 2 | Enter Your Meta Tag to Your Wix Site
- Go to SEO Tools in your Wix site dashboard.
- Click Site Verification.
- Click on Google Search Console to expand.
- Enter the meta tag.
- Click Save.
Is Wix Analytics free?
Is Wix Analytics free? Yes, all Wix users get Wix Analytics for their website. To duplicate and customize reports, or to create your own, you can upgrade to a Business VIP plan.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
Why is Wix not connecting to Google?
If you’re still having issues, you can try clearing your browser cookies. Click Allow in the Google pop-up. The SEO Wiz needs certain permissions in order to submit an index request for your site. Make sure to click Allow on the Connect to Google pop-up which appears when you submit your request.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.
What programming language does Wix use?