Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
Where do I find tracking tags in Google Analytics?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What is tracking code in Google Analytics?
How the Tracking Code Works. In general, the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) retrieves web page data as follows: A browser requests a web page that contains the tracking code. After the tracking code collects data, the GIF request is sent to the Analytics database for logging and post-processing.
Where is the tracking ID found for a property?
In a Universal Analytics property, the tracking ID is located on the “Property Settings” page. To access it, go to Admin and from the Property column, click on “Property Settings”. You can also get the property ID from the “Tracking Code” page located in Admin -> Property Column -> Tracking Info -> Tracking Code.
How do you make a trackable link?
How to Create Trackable Links to Measure Your Campaigns
- Google URL Builder.
- Step #1: Paste the Link.
- Step #2: Create Campaign Source.
- Step #3: Create Campaign Medium.
- Step #4: Create Campaign Team.
- Step #5: Add Campaign Content.
- Step #6: Add Campaign Name.
- Google URL Shortener.
How do I get Google Analytics event tracking code?
Auto-event tracking options
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
- Set your triggers as required.
What is Google Analytics default tracking?
The default information from Google Analytics gives you information about the page, the browser, and the user – but you aren’t limited to this basic user information! If we know more about the page or the user, we can customize the information we send in order to collect more comprehensive data.
How do you use a tracking code?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
What is Google tracking ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll need to add your code directly into the site’s HTML.
What is tracking ID in Google forms?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.