What are the parts of a Google Analytics audit?
- Tracking Code implementation check – start gathering data or make sure that it is being collected properly.
- Configure the Admin section – adjust or check the key settings, debug issues and avoid data fragmentation.
What is Google Analytics audit?
Apps to discover. googleWorks with Google products. Google Analytics Audit. This add-on does a high-level audit of a Google Analytics account, gives you a score, and also explains the pass or fail. Book a time on my website to discuss an analytics and reporting partnership.
What should be included in a Google Analytics report?
The 6 Most Important Reports in Google Analytics
- 1.) Mobile Overview Report. Audience > Mobile > Overview.
- 2.) Channels Report. Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels.
- 3.) Navigation Summary. Behavior > Site Content > All Pages > Navigation Tab.
- 4.) Landing Pages Report.
- 5.) Site Speed Overview Report.
- 6.) Goal Overview Report.
What are the 4 main types of reporting that Google Analytics does?
Let’s just quickly go through some of the reports available:
- 1.) Overview Report. This report will give you the summary of Acquisition, Behavior & Conversion metrics for different channels.
- 2.) All Traffic Report.
- 3.) Adwords Report.
- 4.) Search Console Report.
- 5.) Social Report.
- 6.) Campaign Report.
Why do I need Google Analytics audit?
A Google Analytics audit is one of the best ways to ensure that you can trust your data. You don’t want to use it, if you can’t trust it. For data to be actionable, it needs to be accurate. For it to be trustworthy, you need to audit your analytics setup to make sure things are being tracked correctly.
How do I conduct Google Analytics audit?
How to do a Google Analytics audit?
- Check your Tracking Code implementation.
- Change your Property Name.
- Set the default URL.
- Turn on Enable Demographic and Interest Reports.
- Choose Referral Exclusion List.
- Select All Products.
- Create your “Raw” View.
- Create your “Test” View.
How do I audit Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager Audit Checklist
- Creating a measurement plan.
- GTM container snippet placement.
- Check if all the pages have GTM container snippet.
- Naming convention for your tags and triggers.
- Implementation of a data layer on your website.
- Use folders for organising your tags, triggers and variables.
How do I make a good Google Analytics report?
Create a Custom Report
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Click Customization > Custom Reports > +New Custom Report.
- Enter a Title.
- (Optional) Click +add report tab.
- Select a report type: Explorer, Flat Table, Map Overlay, or Funnel.
- Define your dimension and metrics.
What are the three different types of reports in Google Analytics?
There are also three different report types: explorer, flat table, and map overlay. Explorer: This is the basic report. It includes the line graph and the data table below, which you’re very familiar with. Flat table: This is one of the most common custom report types.
How do I present data in Google Analytics?
Connect to Data Studio
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the account/property/view you wish to visualize.
- Navigate to Customization > Dashboards or Customization > Custom reports.
- At the top of the page, click one of the links to open a Data Studio template populated with your data.
What’s the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
What do I check in Google Analytics?
You can also check out our written tips to see if Google Analytics is working.
- Check Web Traffic in Real-Time.
- Avoid Duplicate Tracking Codes with Site Health Checks.
- View Analytics Tracking Code in Source Code.
- Use Tag Assistant Chrome Extension.
- Using Google Analytics Debugger.
How do I reduce data fragmentation in Georgia?
Top 4 ways to eliminate data fragmentation within your organisation
- Getting control of your data.
- Assess your infrastructure.
- Stop doubling up.
- Examine your cloud usage.
- Remove silos.
- Reduced costs, improved efficiency.
What is Enhanced Link Attribution Google Analytics?
Enhanced Link Attribution improves the accuracy of your In-Page Analytics report by automatically differentiating between multiple links to the same URL on a single page by using link element IDs.