From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences. In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce. If you’re using an older version of Google Analytics, then you might need to click Upgrade to the latest version before you can click the Use Enhanced Ecommerce checkbox. Click Save.
Does Shopify offer Google Analytics?
Shopify analytics reports are really robust and accessible. Adding Google Analytics to your Shopify store is free and is the first step to creating a data-driven strategy for your ecommerce store.
Where do I find Google Analytics for my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Is Shopify Analytics the same as Google Analytics?
Truth is, both Shopify analytics and Google Analytics offer unique benefits and features of their own. The difference, however, is that one of them is inherently incomplete, leaving Shopify merchants without valuable insights to make well-informed decisions for their store.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code?
Where is the Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Admin. ‘
- Next, click on the ‘Tracking info’ and from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Tracking code. ‘
- Here, you can find the Tracking ID and Tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your site.
How do I put Google Analytics on my Web application?
Add analytics to your site
- Select the Admin tab.
- Under account, select your account (for example “PWA Training”) from the dropdown list.
- Then under property, select your property (for example “GA Code Lab Site”) from the dropdown list.
- Now choose Tracking Info, and then Tracking Code.
Can you use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
Does Shopify support Google Analytics 4?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.