Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code. Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code. Now you can get the tracking code under the Website tracking section.
How do I add a tracking code to my WordPress site?
Adding Tracking Code Options
- You can use Insert Headers and Footers plugin, and the first step is to install it on the website.
- Once you activate the plugin go to Settings >> Insert Headers and Footers.
- From there, just add your code to the Scripts in the Header Box.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I add HTML code to my WordPress header?
Adding Code to Header and Footer in WordPress Once the plugin is activated, go to Settings » Insert Headers and Footers from your admin panel. After that, you will see two boxes for adding code to header and footer. Simply paste the code in one of the two boxes.
How do I install a tracking code?
To install the tracking code, paste the code before the closing tag in the HTML code for each page of your site. Click New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- For the Tag type, choose Custom HTML Tag. Then, give your tag a name.
- Paste the tracking code in the HTML field.
Is MonsterInsights free?
MonsterInsights Lite is a free version of MonsterInsights, the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. Using the plugin, you can easily set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site without having to edit any code. And you don’t have to hire an analytics expert to setup tracking.