Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I add a tracking code to my WordPress site?
Adding Tracking Code Options
- You can use Insert Headers and Footers plugin, and the first step is to install it on the website.
- Once you activate the plugin go to Settings >> Insert Headers and Footers.
- From there, just add your code to the Scripts in the Header Box.
Can I add Google Analytics to free WordPress blog?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I add Google Analytics to my blog?
Important: It can take up to 24 hours for your data to show up in Analytics.
- Sign in to Blogger.
- In the top left, select the blog you want to analyze.
- From the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Under “Basic,” click Google Analytics Property ID.
- Enter your Analytics tracking ID.
- Click Save.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
Does WordPress have built in Analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How do I get Google Analytics code for my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How do you Analyse a blog?
So, how do you begin analyzing your competitors’ blog?
- Step 1: Identify who your competitors are. You can break your competitors down to three categories:
- Step 2: Identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Step 3: Validate and expand your blog post analysis using online tools.
Are Blogger stats accurate?
We all know Blogger stats aren’t the most accurate. Considering there is no way of blocking bots and other fake views, your stats may end up looking a bit like this: This is a screenshot from my stats.
Is MonsterInsights free?
MonsterInsights Lite is a free version of MonsterInsights, the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. Using the plugin, you can easily set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site without having to edit any code. And you don’t have to hire an analytics expert to setup tracking.