- From your Shopify admin, go to Online store > Preferences.
- In the Google Analytics section, check Use Enhanced Ecommerce.
- Click Save.
- In your Google Analytics account, click Admin.
- In the View column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Click the Enable Enhanced Ecommerce Reporting toggle to turn it from OFF to ON.
How do you track add to cart in Google Analytics?
To view Add to Cart, go to Insights » Reports » eCommerce. Here you can see how your online store is performing. Find out the conversion rate, number of transactions, revenue, and average order value. Plus, you get to see your top products, their order quantity, percentage of sales, and total revenue.
How does Google Analytics track Shopify conversions?
From your Shopify Admin Dashboard, open Sales Channels > Online Store > Preferences, then scroll down to Google Analytics, then check use Enhanced Ecommerce” to turn on eCommerce tracking from Shopify part.
How do I track add to cart?
Open your site, navigate to a product page and click the Add to Cart button. Go in GA to Real-Time – Events report and check if your event is recorded properly. So now you track when people are adding products to the cart.
How do I set up ecommerce conversion tracking in Google Analytics?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
How do I add a tracking pixel to Shopify?
- In your Shopify admin, click Facebook in the Sales channels section.
- Click Settings, and then click Data sharing settings.
- In the Customer data-sharing section, click the Enable data-sharing toggle.
- In the Choose data-sharing level section select Standard, Enhanced, or Maximum.
- Select your pixel from the list.
How do I set up conversion tracking on Shopify?
Setting up Google Ads conversion tracking
- Step 2: Install the global site tag. After you create a conversion action, you need to install the global site tag in your Shopify theme code.
- Step 3: Install the event snippet.
- Step 4: Make the conversion value dynamic.
How do I track my checkout on Shopify?
Once your account and your property are created, you can generate a new Google Analytics tracking code. Choose your account from the Account column, click on your Shopify store’s property, and then click on Tracking Info, then Tracking Code.
What is Google Analytics ecommerce tracking?
Ecommerce Tracking is a feature of Google Analytics that tracks shopping activity on your website. You can use it to track and analyze transaction data, revenue, products you’ve sold, and more. Ecommerce data in Google Analytics will give you specific insights into: Products with a high (or low) number of sales.
Does Shopify support Google Analytics 4?
Yes, you can implement both Google Universal analytics and GA4 on the Shopify website. It is advised to have both analytics versions to be implemented. You can easily do it using gtag. js or Google Tag Manager.