Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Can you use Google Analytics on a WordPress website?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I add Google Analytics to my existing website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where do I put the Google Analytics code in HTML?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I upload my local site to WordPress?
To move your WordPress site manually, you will first export it via phpMyAdmin.
- Step 1: Export Local WordPress Database.
- Step 2: Upload WordPress Files to Live Site.
- Step 3: Create New Database on Live Site.
- Step 4: Import Local Database on Live Site.
- Step 5: Redirect the Site URLs.
- Step 6: Set Up Your Live Site.
How do I add a site to Google Analytics 2021?
Adding a New Google Analytics Property
- Step 1: Login to Google Analytics Account. The first step is to login to your Google Analytics account.
- Step 2: Select a Property and Go to Admin Section. Once you’re logged in, the next step is to add a new website to Google Analytics.
- Step 3: Create a Property in Google Analytics.
How do you check if Google Analytics is installed on a site?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Can you use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I set up Google Analytics for my client?
Client Already has a Google Analytics Account
- Login in to your Google Analytics Account here: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/
- Click Admin (at the bottom)
- Click Account User Management.
- Click the blue + symbol (top right of the screen)
- Click Add Users.
- Enter the email address you want to use for access.