Auto-event tracking options
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
- Set your triggers as required.
What is Google Analytics event category?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.
How do I add an event category in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
How do I find the event category in Google Analytics?
To see Events reports:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Behavior > Events.
How do I test events in Google Analytics?
The simplest way to do this is to trigger the event yourself. Then, check Google Analytics to see if the event showed up. You can view your tracked events by clicking “Behavior” in the sidebar and scrolling down to “Events.” Your tracked events can be found under “Behavior” in Google Analytics.
How do I name an event in Google Analytics?
Here are the rules to apply in a naming convention for Google Analytics views:
- Use numbers/digits to distinguish the most important views and their order.
- Use property name in the view name.
- In the end, add the name/purpose of the view.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
What are Events & custom events in Google Analytics?
Custom events are events that are not already automatically collected or recommended events. Only use custom events if the existing events don’t handle your use case. Custom events won’t show up in most standard reports so you will likely need to set up custom reporting for meaningful analysis.
What is events per session in Google Analytics?
Sessions with an event – These are those Google Analytics sessions in which at least one tracked event occurred. Events/Session with an event – It is the average number of tracked events that occurred in a Google Analytics session.
Why are my events not showing on Google Analytics?
If you don’t see any data at all in your Real-Time reports, the most likely cause is either in the Google Analytics tracking code or GA/GTM misconfiguration. You should check your tags in Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics filters, and also use browser extensions for debugging.
How do I know if Google Analytics event tracking is working?
Just to go Insights » Reports and click on the Real-Time tab. Now, if you see there are active users on your site, then it means Google Analytics is tracking your visitors.
How do I see Google events?
On your computer, open Google Calendar. Enter your search terms. Results appear as you enter text, including ones from other Google products you use, like Gmail and Google Drive. Click on a result to see the details for that event.
What is Event value in Google Analytics?
Event value is an optional metric in Google Analytics (GA) that can be used to evaluate user interactions with individual site objects or content items. By subsequent specification of the event value, it is possible to determine the monetary value of this particular user interaction.