Auto-event tracking options
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
- Set your triggers as required.
How do I set up an event in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
Can events be tracked as Goals in Google Analytics?
Events and goals serve different needs, they provide you with different sets of information and are available in different types of reports. Here’s an overview of the steps you’ll need to take to track events goals in Google Analytics: Configure a custom event. Test the goal in GA real-time reports.
How do I track events in Google Analytics 4?
Go to Tags > New > Google Analytics: GA4 Event. Select your existing GA 4 Configuration tag and then enter the event name. Its value is up to you.
What can you track using Google Analytics?
What Google Analytics can do?
- See how many users are on your site right now.
- What cities and countries your users are visiting from.
- Finding out what devices your audience uses.
- Find your audience interests.
- The channels that drive the most traffic.
- Keep track of your marketing campaigns.
- Track how users navigate your site.
How do you measure success of an event?
7 Indicators to Measure the Success of Your Event
- The Number of Tickets Sold and Check-Ins.
- Post-Event Surveys.
- Social Media Engagement.
- Revenue Generated.
- Sponsors Satisfaction Surveys.
- Post-event Sales.
- Volunteer Management.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
How do I track a submission in Google Analytics?
To track form submissions on your website, all you need to do is create a tag that will send events back to Google Analytics.
- Create a new tag.
- Add the category and label you used in setting the goal in Google Analytics.
- Use the page path in the label if you want to track which page people are filling out a form.
What is the difference between events and goals in Google Analytics?
The main difference between a goal and an event in Google Analytics is that goals are tied to actions that affect website revenue, while events track website behavior that does not have to do with reaching a specific page on your site.
How do I track a Google form submission?
By default, there is no such way to track the usage of a form that is created in Google Forms. For that, you need to create a form in Google Forms and integrate it into your website. This way, you will be able to track the activity on your forms such as a number of submissions, views and a lot more.
How do I use Google Tag Manager to track events in Google Analytics 4?
The Google Analytics 4 Event tag
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event.
- For Configuration Tag, select the Configuration Tag you created earlier.
- For Event Name, specify the name of the event.
- Optional: Enter Event Parameters.
How do I see Google Tag Manager results in Google Analytics?
Where can you find the data in Google Analytics? To see the events, how often they occur, and how many tags they send, you can use the Event reports in Google Analytics. To see details about the individual tags sent, use the Ecommerce reports.
What you Cannot track with Google Analytics?
You can’t track Individual users Unfortunately, Google Analytics only allows to use a unique user ID and prohibits sending personal information, username or an IP address. So you can’t really see and understand how specific users behave on your site and get valuable data.
Can Google Analytics track location?
How does Google track user location? Google Analytics tracks user’s location based on their IP address. That means users are tracked based on where their internet connection is, not necessarily where they are.
What is Google Analytics in my activity?
What is Google Analytics? Google Analytics is a free tool that lets you monitor and analyse website traffic. It is the most widely used website statistics service globally (In 2009, 50% of websites contained some kind of traffic analysis tool. Of that 50%, 80% were using Google Analytics).