Create a single Tag to handle all clicks:
- Click Tags. New.
- Click Tag Configuration. Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Set Track Type to Event.
- Complete the Event Tracking Parameters: Category: Nav.
- Click Triggering and select the trigger that you created in step 3, titled “Trigger – Nav Clicks”.
- Save the tag.
How do I track GTM events in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
How do I set up an event in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
How do I trigger an event in Google Tag Manager?
To create a new custom event trigger:
- Click Triggers New.
- Click Trigger Configuration and choose the Custom Event trigger type.
- Enter an event name. Select “use regex matching” to allow this field to handle regular expressions.
How do I connect GTM to Google Analytics?
Deploy Universal Analytics with Tag Manager
- On the Workspace Overview screen, click New Tag.
- Click Tag Configuration and choose Universal Analytics.
- Select the desired Track Type.
- Select or create a new Google Analytics Settings Variable:
How do I track an event on GTM?
Step-1: Compile a list of events that you would like to track. Step-2: Create event triggers for each event you would like to track on the page, by using the CSS element selectors. Step-3: Set up tags for each event and link to the triggers accordingly. Step-4: Validate the tags created using GTM preview mode.
How do I see events in Google Analytics?
To see Events reports:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Behavior > Events.
How do I test Google Analytics event tracking?
The simplest way to do this is to trigger the event yourself. Then, check Google Analytics to see if the event showed up. You can view your tracked events by clicking “Behavior” in the sidebar and scrolling down to “Events.” Your tracked events can be found under “Behavior” in Google Analytics.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
What is GTM JS event?
Event: gtm.js This is the first event that gets pushed into the dataLayer which suggests that the GTM container snippet rendered in the page successfully. If you take a look into the GTM container snippet, you will find that the snippet pushes this event with the timestamp.
How do GTM triggers work?
In Google Tag Manager, a trigger listens to your web page or mobile app for certain types of events like form submissions, button clicks, or page views. Triggers are evaluated when code on the page or app is executed, and associated tags are fired or blocked when the trigger conditions are met.
How does GTM work with Google Analytics?
Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a tag management system (TMS) that allows users to easily add and edit snippets of custom or templated code–called tags–to a website. Tags can add analytics tracking, manage advertising pixels, or create additional site functionality.
How do I add GTM code to WordPress?
Now follow the steps below to add Google Tag Manager code to your WordPress site.
- Step1: Login to your WordPress admin and navigate to Appearance >> Editor.
- Step2: Look for the header.
- Step3: Now paste the first tag manager container code just below the <head> tag as shown in the image below.
How do I add GTM to my website?
Setup and install Tag Manager
- Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
- Install the container in your website or mobile app.
- Add and publish your tags.