Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
Can you use Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics?
Yes. Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager are separate platforms that serve different functions. In the simplest terms, Google Analytics is Google’s core analytics platform for assessing traffic on your website. It lets you track standard events that would be broadly applicable for any site.
How do I add Google Analytics events to Google Tag Manager?
Create a single Tag to handle all clicks:
- Click Tags. New.
- Click Tag Configuration. Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Set Track Type to Event.
- Complete the Event Tracking Parameters: Category: Nav.
- Click Triggering and select the trigger that you created in step 3, titled “Trigger – Nav Clicks”.
- Save the tag.
How do I find my Google Tag Manager in Google Analytics?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
How do I add tags to Google Analytics?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add tags to Google Tag Manager?
Set Up a Tag
- Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
- Configure your tag.
- Choose a tag type.
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking.
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded.
- Save your tag.
- Activate your tag by pressing “Submit.”
How do I add GTM to my website?
Setup and install Tag Manager
- Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
- Install the container in your website or mobile app.
- Add and publish your tags.
How do I track tags in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
What is Google Analytics tag manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. When Tag Manager is installed, your website or app will be able to communicate with the Tag Manager servers.
How do I set up tag manager events?
Step-1: Compile a list of events that you would like to track. Step-2: Create event triggers for each event you would like to track on the page, by using the CSS element selectors. Step-3: Set up tags for each event and link to the triggers accordingly. Step-4: Validate the tags created using GTM preview mode.
How do I find my Google Tag Assistant?
Record and analyze a flow
- Go to a page that begins the journey to your site.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon.
- Click RECORD.
- Reload the starting page in order to begin recording with that page.
- Navigate through an important flow of pages and actions.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon again, then click STOP.