How to set up google analytics profiles for domain and sub-domain tracking
- Go to google analytics admin page and create new account as shown below.
- Next screen will show tracking id and few options along with subdomain on-off option.
- Click save and proceed to the property we just created.
- Click on new filter.
How do I add a subdomain tracking in Google Analytics?
1) Log in to Google Analytics and select any view from the account that you wish to implement cross-subdomain tracking. 2) Access the admin panel by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left of the screen. 3) Under the property column, navigate to Tracking Info > Referral Exclusion List.
Do subdomains show up in Google Analytics?
The Google Developer site for Google Analytics has very few references to subdomains. A search for “subdomains” points you to documentation for cross-domain tracking, and cookie domains. When using automatic cookie domain configuration, your users will be tracked across subdomains without any extra configuration.
How do I view subdomains in Google Analytics 4?
How to configure cross-domain tracking in Google Analytics 4?
- Step #1. Go to the Admin of Google Analytics > Data Streams and select web data stream.
- Step #2. Go to More Tagging Settings.
- Step #3. Click Configure your domains.
- Step #4. Enter all domains that should be included in the cross-domain tracking setup.
How do I add a subdomain to Google Tag Manager?
Subdomain Tracking with Google Tag Manager & Universal Analytics
- Create A Container & Install Code.
- Start Creating Your Universal Analytics Tag.
- Add Your Tracking ID.
- Set The Cookie Domain.
- Add A Rule to fire on “All Pages”
- Set up Preview & Debug.
- Preview your Web Site.
- Create a new Version.
Do subdomains need cross domain tracking?
If you are tracking visitors on different subdomains but they all belong to the same main domain, you DO NOT need to implement Cross-domain tracking. That way, all subdomains will have access to the same _ga cookie. Use the same GA property for all subdomains.
How do I add unbounce to Google Analytics?
Within the Unbounce App, select the Settings tab on the left-side menu bar. Select Script Manager from the list of Settings options. From Script Manager, click the button at the top-right to Add a Script, and select Google Analytics from the drop-down menu.
How do I exclude a subdomain from Google Analytics?
From there the steps to exclude the subdomain from one view are as follows:
- Set filter type to Custom Filter.
- Activate the radio button named Exclude.
- Set filter field to Request URL.
- Set filter pattern to something. domain. tld.
- Click on Save after scrolling to the bottom of the page.
What is better subdomain or subdirectory?
The subdirectory strategy concentrates your keywords onto a single domain while the subdomain strategy spreads your keywords across multiple distinct domains. In a word, the subdirectory strategy results in better root domain authority.
How do I manage subdomains in Google Analytics?
All we have to do now is go to the Google Analytics account and check the Real-Time reports option and click on the “Overview”. Open up an incognito window in your browser and enter a page with the subdomain. If everything is correct, you will see an active user on your subdomain, that shows up under the main settings.
What is referral exclusion list?
A referral exclusion list is the list of domains whose incoming traffic is treated as direct traffic (instead of referral traffic) by Google Analytics. Direct traffic is a Google Analytics session (or visit) which starts without a referrer being passed by a user’s web browser.
What is true about a subdomain?
A subdomain is an additional part to your main domain name. Subdomains are created to organize and navigate to different sections of your website. You can create multiple subdomains or child domains on your main domain. You can use any text as your subdomain, but you want to make sure it’s easy to type and remember.
How do I find subdomains in Google Analytics?
How to see traffic for subdomains in Google Analytics
- Log in to your Analytics account and go to the Admin screen.
- Click on “Filters” under the third column (VIEW).
- Click “+ New Filter”
- Add Name for Filter (anything is ok – example – “Show Full Subdomain”).
- Select “Custom” for Filter Type.
- Selected “Advanced”.
Does Google Tag Manager work on subdomains?
Google Tag Manager does not care about domains or subdomains If you want, you can use the same container on 5 related websites (that are hosted on different domains or subdomains). Reminder: you are using the same GTM container on both domains.
How do I add a subdomain to Google cloud?
Map a subdomain to your app
- In the Google Cloud Console, navigate to App Engine > Settings > Custom Domains.
- Click Add a custom domain.
- If your domain is already verified, you may select it from the Select the domain you want to use section.
- In the Point your domain to [project-ID] section, remove the www.