Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Does Google Analytics work with WordPress?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress. com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Is Google Analytics dashboard for WP free?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I add Google Analytics to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where do I put Google Analytics code in HTML?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I install Google Analytics 2021?
There are 4 steps to set up Google Analytics properly:
- Sign up for a Free Google Analytics Account.
- Create your Google Analytics Property.
- Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Codes.
- Install Google Analytics On Your Website.
How do I get my Google Analytics code?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I know if Google Analytics is working?
Which WordPress plugin is best for Google Analytics?
Best Google Analytics WordPress Plugins
- MonsterInsights. MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin.
- Google Analytics by 10Web.
- GA Google Analytics.
- WP Statistics.
- WP Google Analytics Events.
How do I add a dashboard?
To create a Dashboard:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Click CUSTOMIZATION > Dashboards.
- Click Create.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog, select either Blank Canvas (no widgets) or Starter Dashboard (default set of widgets).