Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add an existing tracking ID to my Google Analytics account?
Site Managers can add a Google Analytics tracking code to their site.
- From the Administration bar, click on Dashboard.
- Under Site Management, select Google Universal Analytics.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) the Tracking ID in Tracking ID field.
How do I add a track to Google Analytics?
How to Add Additional Websites to Google Analytics. To add additional properties to Google Analytics, open Google Analytics, and click the Admin tab. Click + Create Property. Fill out the details, and click Get Tracking ID to get the code you’ll need to add to your other websites to track them in Google Analytics.
How do I add another website to my Google Analytics account?
To create an additional account within an existing account:
- Sign in to your Analytics Account.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, select + Create Account from the menu.
- Click Web site or Mobile app.
- Under Setting up your Account:
- Under Setting up your property, enter the Website or App Name.
Can you merge Google Analytics accounts?
You can move the properties from one account to the other. There is no other merge option.
Is tracking ID and measurement ID same?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
How do I add a site to Google Analytics 2021?
Adding a New Google Analytics Property
- Step 1: Login to Google Analytics Account. The first step is to login to your Google Analytics account.
- Step 2: Select a Property and Go to Admin Section. Once you’re logged in, the next step is to add a new website to Google Analytics.
- Step 3: Create a Property in Google Analytics.
How do I add a tracking ID to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I track my website with Google Analytics?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
How do I add a new property to Google Analytics?
First, log in to your Google Analytics account and select the website in which you’d like to add a new property.
- Now click on Admin in the left taskbar.
- In the Property column, click on the dropdown menu, and then, click Create new property.
How do I track multiple websites on Google Analytics?
When you have multiple websites to track, you can use a single account to add multiple sites in Google Analytics, which can be done in two ways. You can either add all your sites under a single Analytics account as different properties or add a unique Analytics account ID to each individual site.
How do I add multiple websites to one Google Analytics account?
Follow the below steps to add multiple sites with unique id for each site: Log in to your Analytics account and go to “Admin” menu. Click on the dropdown under “Account” section and then click on “Create new account” option. Provide your account name and website URL and all other details.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
Can I transfer Google Analytics to another account?
To transfer your Google Analytics account to another Google Account, add a person with the “Edit” and “Manage Users” permissions to your Google Analytics account. You can then remove your Google Account from the Google Analytics account.
Can I transfer a Google Analytics property to another account?
If you need to reorganize your properties in Analytics, you can move them (and their views) from one account to another. You move a property from a source account to a destination account. To move a property, you must have the Administrator and Editor roles for both the source and destination accounts.
How do I add a user to my Google Analytics account?
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view.
- In the Account, Property, or View column (depending upon whether you want to add users at the account, property, or view level), click Access Management.
- In the Account permissions list, click +, then click Add users.