Event tracking using Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
How do I set up an event in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
Can events be tracked as Goals in Google Analytics?
Events and goals serve different needs, they provide you with different sets of information and are available in different types of reports. Here’s an overview of the steps you’ll need to take to track events goals in Google Analytics: Configure a custom event. Test the goal in GA real-time reports.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
How do I track a submission on Google Analytics?
To track form submissions on your website, all you need to do is create a tag that will send events back to Google Analytics.
- Create a new tag.
- Add the category and label you used in setting the goal in Google Analytics.
- Use the page path in the label if you want to track which page people are filling out a form.
What is Event action Google Analytics?
Events are user interactions with content other than page loads (pageviews). Downloads, link clicks, form submissions, and video plays are all examples of actions you might want to analyze as Events.
How do I create a submission goal in Google Analytics?
Create a Form Goal
- Log into Google Analytics and click Admin at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the Account and Property where you’d like to create your goal, and then click Goals.
- Select New Goal at the top of the page.
- Choose the option for Custom Goal, then click Continue.
Is GA 360 free?
The standard version of Google Analytics (GA) is free, and the premium version Google Analytics 360 (GA360) is the paid version of Google Analytics with a tier-based pricing. Both versions can be used for tracking in all Visiolink applications.
How do I see event parameters in Google Analytics?
You can always click the Parameter reporting tab on top of the All events report to see a list of the events that have custom parameters enabled, and you can click the event name to edit the parameters. Once you see the parameter selector, you can search for the parameters name in the list.
What are the 3 types of events?
There are three main categories which events go under. These events are private, corporate and charity which are explained below.
What is Event label in Google Analytics?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.