To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Do I need a website to learn Google Analytics?
You will need a Google Analytics account – which requires a Google Account (such as gmail). If you don’t have a Google Account then create a new account and then login to your account. Next, login to your Google Analytics account if you have one, if not then Google will automatically ad one for you in the next step.
How can I add Google Analytics to my website?
Add an account
- Sign in to your Analytics Account.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, select + Create Account from the menu.
- Click Web site or Mobile app.
- Under Setting up your Account:
- Under Setting up your property, enter the Website or App Name.
- Select an Industry Category.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.
How do I practice Google Analytics without a website?
How to learn Google Analytics without a website
- You can use the Google Merchandise store to learn about both Universal Analytics and Google Analytics 4 tracking set up and reports.
- You can use the Flood it mobile gaming app to learn about Google Analytics 4 mobile app tracking set up and reports.
Why is Google Analytics free?
For those users that are not advertisers, perhaps Google Analytics will give them the confidence to try it – that is Google Analytics helps Google acquire more advertisers. So giving away Google Analytics for free is a valid business model as it helps generate revenue for the business.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
What is a web stream Google Analytics?
Data streams are sources of information that feed into your Google Analytics property. You can have a data stream for your website, Android app, and iOS app, allowing you to compare and consolidate user behavior across different platforms.
Can you learn Google Analytics for free?
Study For Free At The Google Analytics Academy Google’s own Analytics Academy offers free, online courses on Analytics and other data analysis tools. You’ll learn how to navigate the Google Analytics interface and reports, and set up dashboards and shortcuts.
How long does it take to learn Google Analytics?
If you go through all the course content sequentially, we expect the course to take 4-6 hours to complete, depending on your level of familiarity with the course content.
Is Google Analytics easy to learn?
Google Analytics is not always easy to learn. In fact, it’s so complicated that many people ignore it – a big mistake. It’s very easy to log into Google Analytics and see what your traffic was for the past 30 days. It’s much more difficult to figure out how to analyze is by geo, traffic source, page category, etc.
How much does it cost to get certified in Google Analytics?
Access to the Google Associate Android Developer Certification training is free and the official exam fee of $149 is paid to Trueability to administer the exam.
What is Google Analytics and how it works?